An argumentative paper is a typical assignment for a college or high school student. This task should evaluate the ability to conduct research, analyze information and express your thoughts on paper. You need to devote yourself to a pen and paper for several days to fully immerse yourself in work.
An argumentative essay is a great debate exercise. You need to reinforce your point of view, while not excluding the correctness of the interlocutor. The problem is that a good knowledge of the subject is not enough. The success of your paper half consists of a well-chosen topic and the ability to hook the reader.
We will help you decide which topic can improve the rating of your argumentative essay. Do not give up ahead of time, because you have a chance to understand all the difficulties!
Useful Tips for Choosing an Argumentative Topic
Often, teachers give a specific topic that does not delight you. Therefore, always try to get the right to choose the topic yourself. At first, it will be difficult to choose one. Therefore, we have prepared tips to help you decide on the theme of the essay:
- Choose the field of science that you like. Using brainstorming, pick a few options for research. Then think about what topic you are willing to spend all your time on. If you have no desire to devote yourself to paper, continue to search further.
- Analyze sources to gather information. The argumentative essay recommends using quotes or examples from books or articles. This will show that your point of view is reinforced by credible sources. Make sure your chosen theme has a solid background.
- Add a challenge to the reasoning on the topic. Your topic should make the reader immediately answer the question. Therefore, choose a subject of study that is relevant to each person. Leave the reader with thoughts on your research so that he wants to know your argument.
- Avoid discussions of racial and religious issues. This can cause a flurry of negativity, even if your opinion is reasoned. Do not be critical of a different point of view, because it also has a right to exist. Express your arguments in a convincing tone, as if you are presenting a new product and its benefits.
- Refer to the professionals in writing argumentative essays. We offer you the services of the best specialists with a degree in several areas. With our service, you have the opportunity to succeed in your hobbies while an expert is working on your paper.
What Topics You Should Avoid
When choosing a topic, you may like the title and writing an essay will be easy. However, it is worth remembering that not every topic will receive a positive response from the audience. Below you will see a list of topics that are not worth analyzing:
- Too popular topics. If the issue is discussed in all news publications and magazines, do not write an essay about it. Remember that you do not have enough experience to compete with large publishers.
- Topics that state a fact. An argumentative essay should provoke discussion and emotions related to a contentious issue. Imagine that you need to sell something: focus on the benefits, and smooth out the corners of the disadvantages.
- Topics that people are used to saying yes on. This may be due to the mentality of the country or a generation of people, but some topics automatically get agreement. We recommend you to scour forums and read people’s answers before writing an essay on that topic.
- Promising titles. You often see attractive headlines in the news that force us to open an article. However, in most cases, you do not find inside the information that you expected to read. Such topics are used to the hype and increase views. This is one of the reasons for the loss of confidence in the publication.
Best Topics Depending on the Subject
We took the most popular essay subjects and prepare examples of topics for each of them. You will also see topic samples for high school and college. Find what you like and use it as inspiration.
Topics for high school students
- Distance learning versus classical
- Is it worth studying at a university as a businessman?
- Where is the line between self-expression and arrogance?
- How does globalization affect each of us?
- How to make music and movies help you focus?
- Do schoolchildren need to be encouraged and punished?
- Should a school uniform be canceled?
- Pros and cons of relationships during studying
Topics for college students
- How to avoid depression during the session?
- Should everyone have a prescription for buying medicine drugs?
- Pros and cons of drinking coffee
- When can a teenager start living separately?
- Should each student have a right to retake?
- How to avoid procrastination when doing homework?
- The benefits of education in China and Japan
- Should students have the right to change faculty?
- Should physical education be a compulsory subject?
- Pros and cons of gender distribution in sports
- Why do sports improve learning abilities?
- Pros and cons of sports supplements
- Is it true that big sport destroys a person’s personality?
- Compatible intensive training and exam preparation
- Should sports be fun?
- How do sports form the strength of the mind?
- Is it necessary to separate children based on gender?
- Should each school have its own rules for attendance?
- Do we need an online progress monitoring system?
- Should the state introduce examinations for teachers?
- Pros and cons of home education
- How do school bans affect your emotional state?
- Should tuition be paid for everyone?
- Pros and cons of a single curriculum
- The pros and cons of high fees for medical services
- Why is the use of smartphones dangerous for health?
- Pros and cons of vegetarianism and veganism
- How to determine the quality of medical care?
- Why does an emotional state affect health?
- Should animal cosmetics testing be banned?
- Is it worth legalizing drug use for medical purposes?
- Is it safe to self-medicate?
- Why does the process cause degradation?
- Does the smartphone replace us with friends?
- Pros and cons of introducing technology into the educational process
- Does technology kill emotions in us?
- How does the state encourage technology research?
- How does technology development affect the number of divorces?
- Is smartphone addiction a disease?
- Does technological progress generate unemployment?
- Is the punishment of the house arrest fair?
- Is domestic abuse a crime?
- How does same-sex marriage affect a child’s orientation?
- Should parents be taught parenting?
- Pros and cons of punishment for education
- Why is it difficult for children to talk about their feelings?
- Pros and cons of material incentives
- Should parents sleep with their children in the same bed?
- Why do social networks generate complexes in us?
- Why do children want to become bloggers?
- Pros and cons of online dating platforms
- Why does Instagram give us more options?
- How do online publications promote false values to us?
- What media content should be restricted or banned?
- Do I need to create a system of user control in social networks?
- Pros and cons of commenting opportunities
Universal argumentative topics
- Why do we want to look stylish?
- Is man the cause of environmental disasters?
- Can blogging be called work?
- How do we spend our weekends?
- How to monetize your hobby?
- Pros and cons of university studies
- How to find your calling in life?
- Pros and cons of the high price of medicine
How to Manage Writing an Argumentative Essay
To make writing an essay easy, you must remember the sequence of steps. No need to work in all directions at once, focus on one.
- Analysis of the topic. Prepare materials that add strength to your arguments. Explore the latest news on your topic. You must be sure that you have enough information.
- Brainstorming. Come up with your arguments. Imagine how convincing they sound from the side. Come up with a thesis for encouraging readers.
- Creation of paper. Start with the introduction, smoothly go to the body part and end with the conclusion. The central idea should be traced in each paragraph. If your essay is voluminous, we can create an outline.
- Editing and proofreading. Make sure your paper meets the requirements. I appreciate the credibility of the argument. Ask a friend to proofread your reasoned essay. Still not sure about the high quality of work? Order the services of our writers.
Essentials of Your Essay
For your essay to get a higher score and stand out among the rest, you must add strong details to it. Thanks to them, the paper will receive more attention.
- Powerful thesis. This is the last sentence of the introduction that shapes your message. All arguments must be a manifestation of the thesis statement.
- Hook. Add a controversial fact, a rhetorical question or a joke to catch attention. Make sure the hook does not match the thesis statement.
- Single level. An argumentative essay should be strong and persuasive from beginning to end. Be sharp and confident, and the reader will feel it.
An argumentative essay ceases to be complicated if you understand the writing guidelines. Using our instructions, you will be able to create high-quality paper and add the necessary details.
If you doubt your abilities or do not have enough time to think, contact us for help. We will select the best writer for your academic paper so that you succeed in college. Do not wait until the last – write to us right now!